This recipe calls on fresh herbs and lemon to create a taste of the Mediterranean.Serves 6
Marinating Chicken in Yoghurt creates tender chicken that falls off the bone. Don’t marinate for longer than 24 hours or the protein may break down too much from the acids in the yoghurt and give a mushy texture.
This recipe calls on fresh herbs and lemon to create a taste of the Mediterranean. Fresh parsley is a must, but the oregano may be replaced by dry if you cannot find fresh oregano. I quite like the dried oregano and find it keeps hold of its flavour well when dried.
8 Chicken Thighs, Skin On
250ml Greek Yoghurt
3 Tbsp Olive Oil, + 1 Tbsp for Cooking
Juice of 1 Lemon + Zest
1 Tbsp Oregano
1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, Chopped
½ Tbsp Paprika
4 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- To make the marinade, combine the yoghurt, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, oregano, parsley, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Mix the chicken in the marinade and refrigerate for a minimum of 20 minutes, but no longer than 24 hours.
- When ready to use the chicken, preheat the oven to 160c.
- Line a baking dish with the remaining oil and place the chicken thighs skin side up in the dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the thighs are golden and the chicken thighs are cooked through.