This Apple and rocket salad is sweet and peppery while the Parmesan adds a savoury boost.
Apple and Rocket are one of those classic combinations that work together, even though they’re both so different. Apples are tart or sweet depending on the variety, while Rocket is bitter and peppery. Together they provide the perfect counterbalance.
This salad is dressed with a creamy parmesan dressing made with an emulsion of garlic, parmesan, and extra virgin olive oil. Then to finish, toasted pine nuts are added.
Ingredients for Apple & Rocket Salad
Apple and Rocket Salad with Parmesan Dressing
- 60 g Rocket
- 1 Apples Cored and Sliced into Matchsticks
- ½ Fennel Bulb Thinly Sliced
- 1 Celery Stick Thinly Sliced
- 1 Tbsp Pine Nuts
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan Dressing
For the Parmesan Dressing
- 30 g Parmesan Grated
- 150 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 50 ml Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Garlic Clove Crushed
- Heat a small pan over medium heat. Add the pine nuts and gently toast until golden brown for around 4-5 minutes. Set aside and leave to cool.
- In a blender, combine the parmesan, olive oil, vinegar, and garlic. Blitz until smooth and well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rocket, apple, fennel, and celery. Toss with the parmesan dressing, and spoon into a serving dish. Top with pine nuts, and serve.